0 of 25 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 25 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. What flaw creates buffer overflows?
2. The operating system performs all except which of the following tasks?
3. If an operating system allows sequential use of an object without refreshing it,
what security issue can arise?
4. What is the final step in authorizing a system for use in an environment?
5. What feature enables code to be executed without the usual security checks?
6. If a component fails, a system should be designed to do which of the
7. What security advantage does firmware have over software?
8. Which is the first level of the Orange Book that requires classification labeling
9. Which of the following best describes the security kernel?
10. The Information Technology Security Evaluation Criteria was developed for which of the following?
11. A security kernel contains which of the following?
12. What is the purpose of base and limit registers?
13. A guard is commonly used with a classified system. What is the main purpose of implementing and using a guard?
14. The trusted computing base (TCB) controls which of the following?
15. What is the imaginary boundary that separates components that maintain security from components that are not security related?
16. Which model deals only with confidentiality?
17. What is the best description of a security kernel from a security point of view?
18. When is the security of a system most effective and economical?
19. In secure computing systems, why is there a logical form of separation used between processes?
20. What type of attack is taking place when a higher-level subject writes data to a storage area and a lower-level subject reads it?
21. What type of rating does the Common Criteria give to products?
22. Which best describes the *-integrity axiom?
23. Which best describes the simple security rule?
24. Which of the following was the first mathematical model of a multilevel security policy used to define the concepts of a security state and mode of access, and to outline rules of access?
25. Which of the following is a true statement pertaining to memory addressing?